Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hess Family Beach Trip

We spent an amazing week in the Outer Banks with my parents and Geordie and Mary. We decided it was the best way to celebrate my mom's upcoming 60th birthday. Sorry for giving away your age Mom, but if I look like you when I'm 60 I'll be thrilled! We had a great house on the beach and pretty much spent the whole week relaxing on the beach. We went to the aquarium one day when it rained briefly. Otherwise, we had our toes and Maddie had much more than her toes in the sand! She loved the waves and the water, but we had to hold onto her for dear life because the current was so strong from a storm off the coast. So she mostly just played for hours in the sand. Her favorite thing of all was to run down to the water and then run all the way back up to our umbrella at full speed. Here are some of my favorite pictures that we took and a video. We had a photographer come and do family pictures as a present for my mom and I'll share some of those when we get them back.























The beautiful view from our house. I've never seen the Atlantic so green!

2 comments:

Mia said...

Those are great pictures! Now, why couldn't you have taken the one of your footprints in the sand before my beach trip this year, so I could have stolen the idea from you? I LOVE that picture!

Kelly said...

Maybe you can find a sandbox and pretend you took it in Myrtle!