Monday, October 27, 2008

Jess and Baby Carson visit from CO!

We had the most wonderful long weekend with Jess and Carson. Chris, Jess's husband, is in Iraq and so they took an extended trip to the East Coast which included a stop here in Northern Virginia. Carson is just too cute for words and his pictures don't do him justice. I loved every minute with them and miss them so much now that they're back home! Maddie loved both Carson and Jackson and it was fun seeing her be the "big girl" in the bunch. Jackson just smiles all the time. We spent a couple nights at Jennie's, went downtown for a picnic lunch, and they spent one night here. It was so much fun, and a little chaotic at times coordinating the schedules of a 2 year-old, a 9 month-old, and a 2 month-old. Thanks Jess for making the long trip out here!
Smiley Jackson with his Mama
Carson and Jackson meet
Jess with her hands full!
Maddie helping feed the peanut!
Downtown, in front of the Capitol
Maddie's new cheesy smile for pictures!
So sweet
Again, the cheesy smile. Let's hope she figures out how to smile naturally before school pictures!
I have to include this story. The day that Jess and Carson left, Maddie and I stood on our front steps and waved goodbye. She waved to them and said, "Bye Baby Carson, I love you." Well that made me start to cry and Maddie got a concerned look on her face and then the conversation went like this:
Maddie: "Mommy's sad."
Me: "Yes honey, Mommy is sad because I'm going to miss Jess and Carson."
Maddie: "Here Mommy, you eat a grape, feel better, make you happy."

She had started eating her lunch again while we had this conversation and hence the grapes. If only grapes made everything all better! But that day, Maddie giving me the grape did make me smile.

4 comments:

The Speck family said...

You guys are all SO beautiful! I love seeing Jennie, Jess and their precious boys....and of course adorable Maddie. The grape story is priceless~ what a little sweetie. Love, Kelly & Bennett

Darcie said...

Well we do know that wine makes everything better :) I think you'd better watch out as Maddie gets older...

Mia said...

What great pictures! I LOVE Maddie's smile! Too funny.

Mia said...

Oh, and PS, I can't believe how cute the boys are! And all that great hair!! Nora had half the hair they do when she was twice their age! What sweet babies!