Saturday, July 30, 2011

Maddie's 5!

A big milestone, Maddie is 5!  To celebrate turning 5 and starting school in the Fall, she wanted to get her ears pierced, so that was her big gift. I went to the mall on the Saturday before her birthday to check out the place to get ears pierced and asked when they would have two people to do it.  They told me there would be two people there all day and not again during the week, so I came home and told Maddie that if she wanted to get them pierced, she could do it that day.  I then realized that I never told her it was going to hurt.  So I had to explain that it would feel like a shot and be over quickly and then she started to have second thoughts.  So I told her that she didn't have to do it and could wait until she's older and she said she'd wait.  I told her I would ask her again when Emmie woke up from her nap.  When Emersyn woke up, I asked her if she wanted to go and she looked at me and said, "I think I'll wait.  No (then paused)....let's go, let's do it, let's go right now!"  It was as if she wanted to go real quickly before she changed her mind.  She did great, closed her eyes, squeezed my hands and did not cry.  She got pretty butterfly earrings and loves them.  We had our families over on the weekend before and then had a little ice cream party with a few friends during the week and went to the waterpark on her actual birthday.  Then Grandma had a little party for her at their house the day after.  Once again, Maddie had a week-long celebration for her "day"! 



Our favorite party guest, baby Andie!



Doctor Moskal in her personalized lab coat from Aunt Kim!



Ice cream party with the girls
Dress up, of course.  What is Maddie?!  A sleeping beauty reindeer?  Hmmm..






No comments: