Thursday, January 05, 2012

From easy baby to crazy toddler...overnight!

It really seems like one day I was saying to someone, "Emersyn is such a dream.  She is so good, so easy, so chill and goes with the flow" and the next day I was saying, "Who is this crazy toddler?  She's a monkey, she's into everything, and really knows what she wants!"  Now I know all parents feel this way and are amazed at the transformation from baby to toddler.  I think I just really had myself fooled that Emmie would continue to be a piece of cake.  And in the big picture she is still soooo good and soooo sweet.  But she is cracking us up lately with her determination to do everything that Maddie does, her histerics when she doesn't get what she wants, and her ability to turn everything into a climbing apparatus.  I see a Fisher Price car garage toy, she sees a jungle gym!  She is still a pipsqueak, but she's trying so hard to be big  She is full of shenanigans.  Here are some highlights that I don't want to forget.  She has crawled up onto the kitchen table, stood on the kitchen desk and living room end table, hangs from the refridgerator handle and the bar in my parents' bathtub, and we found her sleeping last night in nothing but a diaper.  She managed to get off her one-piece footed pj's!  She loves to put shoes on in the house, but insists on taking them off in the car and outside.  She managed to get one sock on all by herself the other day.  She loves to take showers and brush her teeth.  She loves playing with my phone and actually unlocked it and messed with my keyboard settings.  She really wants to do everything Maddie is doing, especially coloring!  And speaking of Maddie, I cannot say enough about how proud I am of her in her role as big sister.  She often shows more patience with Emmie than the rest of us!  She is understanding and nuturing in a way that is beyond her 5 years.  Now, don't get me wrong, she gets frustrated with her whining at times, but often Maddie can cheer her up if she's in a mood.  Maddie was talking so much more at this age, but each day Emmie is saying more and more.  She just can't tell us exactly what she wants so it often ends up as "eh, eh, eh!"  And lastly, I have to document her absolute obsession with her belly and her thumb.  She started sucking her left thumb last winter, but then over the summer added rubbing the belly along with thumb sucking.  Whenever she needs to soothe herself, the left thumb goes in the mouth and right hand goes to the belly.  We even cut slits in her one-piece pj's so she can rub her belly and keep her onesies unsnapped when she's at home.  Sound familiar Mia?           



Here is Emmie doing her new dance spin move and of course the thumb and belly routine. 

 Oh Emmie, no matter what new tricks you have up your sleeve, you will always be my sweet baby.  Just look at that face, so lovable! 

2 comments:

Mia said...

She's SO cute! It's funny, she and James have almost the same dance moves!

The Bowen Family said...

I was cracking up at her pants falling down from all the dancing! So happy I got a look at all this finally. :) Makes me smile seeing those adorable girls!!!!