Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Crushes

Many times I overhear the girls saying funny, cute things to each other.  Some are so good that I have to write it down so I never forget.  Two nights ago Madeline informed me that 3 boys in her class have a crush on her.  She is just really beginning to even understand what that means.  She said her friend Ava told her about one boy who likes her, another boy apparently gave her hand gestures during lunch (pointing to himself "I", making a heart with his hands "love", and pointing to Maddie "you"), and the third just told her, "I like you."  I told her that if I was a 7 year-old boy, I would like her too!

Well the next night, the girls were sitting at the kitchen table and I overheard this conversation:

Maddie: Emmie, do you have a crush on anybody?

Me:  Maddie, I don't think Em really understands what it means to have a crush.

Maddie:  Emmie, do you have crush on Weston?

Emmie:  Yes

Maddie:  Are you going to marry him?

Emmie:  Noooooo, he's not my prince, he's just my friend!!

Maddie:  Just so you know Emmie, when you get married someday, it's called your groom, not your prince.


No comments: