Sunday, September 12, 2010

3 Months Old!

Emersyn turned three months old today and so the 4th trimester (as they say) is over!  It's been a roller coaster these past 3 months with highs and lows.  Emersyn was an easy breezy baby the first month (as was Maddie) and then she had some feeding issues (reflux, cow's milk intolerance, etc.) which made her more fussy (as was Maddie).  We seem to be over the hump now and feedings are going much better.  She is still a bit unpredictable at night, sometimes only waking up once, and often waking up 2-3 times.  But her little personality is coming out and the smiles make it all worth it and help me deal with being sleep deprived.  She has really started to take everything in, especially her goofy big sister.  Maddie is finding new ways to make her smile each day and she is so sweet to her.  Emmie continues to grow, but hopefully her rapid weight gain is slowing down a bit.  She has gained about 8 lbs. since she was born.  Here are some pictures from the last week or two and you can see how deliciously chubby she is!
Sitting pretty in the bumbo!

Sporting their UD shirts, courtesy of my coworker Abbey (a fellow alum)


Wearing a beautiful gown with her name embroidered  (a gift from my dad's college buddy Dabber and his wife Marcia)
At the butterfly pavillion at the Smithsonian in DC.  It was so cool!  See the one on my head?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Love seeing the updates! Emersyn has grown so much! I wish so much I could give her a squeeze. The butterfly pic is perfect! The lake pics are really beautiful, too. I can picture Maddie doing well in soccer. Look forward to hearing how it goes. Love and miss you all!

Jennie and Kevin said...

YAY for 3 months old! I can't believe it - in fact, Kevin was shocked when I told him you were going back to work next week "already" - seems like time has flown. I can't believe Mads is old enough for soccer - she seems so grown up somehow in those pigtails!!