Sunday, September 07, 2008

Brooke and Maddie

They are 3 weeks apart in age, and although we're not next door to them anymore, we're neighbors at heart! We recently got together with Lisa and Brooke and took the girls to a water park. It's funny to look back and then see them now. I had to include some old pictures.

3 months old

7 months old
So I have to write this story down so I don't forget it. I got an email from Lisa one day and in it she wrote that Brooke's 2 year check-up was coming up. She had heard that the height kids are at 2 doubled is a good predictor of their adult height. So she measured Brooke and she was 35 1/2 inches, which doubled would make her 5'11" and that is exactly what Lisa is. At Maddie's check-up they told me she was in the 99th percentile for height after measuring her lying down, squirming like crazy. People have commented that she is tall so I thought okay, she's tall. Well I decided to go back and look at the actual measurement that the nurse got and it was 37 3/4"!! Which doubled, would make her 6'3"!! Chris and I tried to remeasure her standing up and got roughly 34" which makes more sense. So I was anxious to see the girls together and see their height side by side. Lisa got a good picture of them standing on a tree stump. It was hard to tell who is taller, but I think Brooke has her by a little.

2 years old
THEN.....as we were leaving, I told Maddie to give Brooke a hug and she did. Then Brooke decided she wanted to give Maddie a kiss. We had to have them reenact it in order to get a picture and they did. How sweet is this? And as Lisa points out, they both had their eyes closed!! Thanks Lisa for these pictures.

No comments: