Sunday, September 07, 2008

NY Trip

To celebrate our 7th anniversary we took a long weekend trip to NY. We spent two nights in Long Island and went to my friend Jeanine's wedding. Jeanine is a sorority sister from college and I got to see girls that I haven't seen in about 8 years. It was wonderful to see everyone and Jeanine was a beautiful bride and the whole weekend was a blast. While we were in (or do you say on?) Long Island, we went into Southampton to see the quaint town and had a quick visit with some dear friends of my family, the Raynors. They have had this house since the 70's and we used to go there as kids when we lived in NY. They are like family and it was so good to see them. We call them Aunt Sharon and Uncle Dave and I will say without a doubt that Aunt Sharon is the funniest person I know. Michael, their second son is my age and he has a son who is 4 months older than Maddie. We wish Maddie could have been there to meet Andres (Andy). Micheal and his wife live in Venezuela, where the Raynors spent many years as Catholic missionaries. They are truly a wonderful family and it was a blessing to have a brief visit with them.
Then we moved on into the city for a night and saw Avenue Q on broadway, in which a friend from high school is performing. We caught up with him after the show and it was so neat to see him. Then we had the most amazing dinner at a quaint little Italian restaurant. It was a great weekend away and we are so thankful to my parents for watching Maddie!

No comments: