Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday Fun!

We had lots of fun celebrating Madeline's birthday this year. We had our parents and siblings over for dinner and cake. One highlight for me was Maddie's excitement over the homemade pink princess cake I made. Nothing fancy at all. One box of yellow cake mix $1.89; one container of pink funfetti icing $2.29; party store Disney princess cake topper $8.99......Your daughter waking up from her nap and seeing her birthday cake and saying, "Mommy, I love my cake! Isn't it beautiful? It's amazing!" over and over.....Priceless!
She also LOVED the musical cards everyone gave her and the two pairs of flip-flops. She insisted on wearing one pink and one blue flip-flop. This kid is easy to please.











The best part of the evening however, was Maddie putting on a dance/singing show for everyone. We had Disney music on in the background and before we knew it she was dancing and singing while everyone watched. Well everyone except Samie, who danced with her. We took a couple videos. For those who have seen Maddie dance, you know she spins. So here's some more spinning. They are a little long, but I just couldn't stop recording!



3 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm so glad Maddie loved her cake and let you know it, too! Life is truly about the little things. I can picture Lulu up there twirling with Maddie to the Disney tunes...wish you were closer.

Jennie and Kevin said...

How very Cinderella of her!!

The Crabtrees said...

She is adorable and I think I see a furure ToC star in the making!!