Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Buffalo Trip

In August, Maddie and I went on a road trip to Buffalo with my parents. Sigh.....yes I survived the car trip being the member of the sandwich generation (having my parents and my child with me)! Maddie just watched videos the whole time, didn't sleep a wink, but she is a great little traveller. And other than getting a lecture once on where the cooler goes in the car, I had a great time with my parents. It's been a while since we've had 9 hours together to just chat. I dare say the car ride was even enjoyable.

We went up there to visit my Grandma and my dad's Uncle John who was visiting from Brazil. We stayed with my Aunt Joanne and her family and visited with my Aunt Mary Beth and my cousins. Everyone has a pool in Buffalo. When the weather's warm, they know how to enjoy it since it's rare! Maddie's buddy the whole weekend was Uncle Mark (Joanne's hubby) who brought home toys from his fun place of employment, Fisher Price. He also played with her lots in the pool. Mark says that Maddie reminds him so much of my cousin (his daughter) Katie at age 3, who is now looking at colleges!


Fun with Nana in the pool


Napping in the pool? Nope, just a good actress. She had some people fooled for a few minutes....but I know my girl. She would never fall asleep instead of having fun :) But it was convincing.


Uncle Mark


Aunt Joanne


Great Grandma and Great Uncle John (the priest)


Kissing cousins!

I was playing around with my camera settings and had some fun. Joanne and Mark's yard is so beautifully landscaped and made for a good background.





No comments: